Thursday, September 20, 2018

IBS Proverbs 23:15- 17

My son, if your heart is wise,
my heart too will be glad.
My inmost being will exult
when your lips speak what is right.
Let not your heart envy sinners,
but continue in the fear of the Lord all the day.


When I was younger tried too hard to rebel, to do what I wanted no matter what anyone says. But in retrospect in I should have listened. My parents were always there to guide and protect me, but instead, I decided to do whatever I could to make my own way. But I am so thankful for everything my parents did to raise me on the correct path because as much as I wanted to be rebellious, I still heeded the words of my parents. And I’m further still thankful that they answered the call to go out and be missionaries. Sometimes I think about what would have happened, how my life would have been so drastically different if we would have stayed. Even though the hard times, the lord was orchestrating the events of my life. And up to now, God has granted me the opportunity to follow in their footsteps and serve Gods children around the world. He has allowed me the chance to live out my own faith, but He reminds me of the way my parents faithfully brought up an unruly son, and I’m thankful they never gave up. 

Application 

Today I will call my parents and thank them for answering the call of the lord, and always guiding me in the ways of the lord

No comments:

Post a Comment