Monday, September 10, 2018

IBS 2 Corinthians 8:21

for we aim at what is honorable not only in the Lord's sight but also in the sight of man.

Aim. Set your eyes on your target. Don’t look away. Focus and adjust. I’m always being brought back to a place of keeping my eyes on the lord. When time is short it’s easy to get distracted by the scoreboard. Looking away from the goal and looking at the remaining time thinking “ oh there’s so little time left. What am I going to do”. And that’s when the mistakes are made. But when I focus on God, and block everything else out, and make the play, or take the shot, then the lord moves. When I focus on the daily task and make it a mundane chore, then I feel like I’m under a microscope, worrying I’m going to mess something up in front of everyone. But my heart centered in the knowledge that the lord comes first before anything. Like a good soldier, my armor needs to be on, my full armor, and my weapon needs to stay ready for use. The lord is making it clear to me the dire need to stay ready in Him and Him alone. Not in my own strength, not in my own weapons. 

“Bring no more vain offerings;
incense is an abomination to me.”
(Isaiah 1:13 a)

“Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving,
and perform your vows to the Most High”
(Psalm 50:14)

To be ready in and out of season. To be faithful in the eyes of the lord, and ready to serve the needs of man. 


Application 
Today I will write out ways I see myself missing the target and pray everyday for change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment