Friday, August 31, 2018

IBS Job 11:13-18

“If you prepare your heart,
you will stretch out your hands toward him.
If iniquity is in your hand, put it far away,
and let not injustice dwell in your tents.
Surely then you will lift up your face without blemish;
you will be secure and will not fear.
You will forget your misery;
you will remember it as waters that have passed away.
And your life will be brighter than the noonday;
its darkness will be like the morning.
And you will feel secure, because there is hope;
you will look around and take your rest in security.”

My heart needs to be prepared for his use. My time here in Uganda and what the lord is showing me here ultimately comes back to this, my heart set and prepared on Him and Him alone. The enemy is always trying to distract me from Gods plans and lure my eyes away from God and trap me in sneaky snares. Sometimes I can get so focused on staying above water then I lose focus on what God is trying to tell me for that day, that moment. But when I come before Him, heart ready and hands outstretched, withholding nothing, Hiding nothing, I see Him. In times of misery, the Lord is always there, and he’s the one who washes our worries away. When I have sin in my life and I’m confused about why I’m not shining, why I’m in fear, He won’t use me to my fullest. But no matter how dark it can seem, He shines through to my heart, and He allows me to lift my head blameless before Him, confident and secure in His forgiveness. And that’s the point in which He begins to use me. That’s when he makes me shine. This is the point to which God is driving me. To be confident the morning will come, and in the morning, find rest in His security. 


Application
this week I will memorize this passage

No comments:

Post a Comment