Sunday, August 12, 2018

Psalms 32:8-9

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding,
which must be curbed with bit and bridle,
or it will not stay near you.

This last week has been very eventful, but I can see God through it all. Every day was had a challenge He set before us, as a team and individually. But for me personally, I can say God has just been drawing me closer. Even when I felt like I was doing great, I was shown my efforts weren’t growing and teaching me, and that only the lord can do that in my heart. All the great things I could do won’t draw me closer to knowing God more. God moves in the heart and molds the character of a man. And even “my best” isn’t His best, and and the opportunity to grow closer to this team He has put me on is still present. But God, He promises me He will instruct me. Sometimes I get distracted by all the promises He makes us, and I lose sight of everything He wants for me. And awhile back I was encouraged with this verse but now the Lord has presented it to me again, and now with fresh eyes, it means so much more. He won’t guide me if I’m not submitted and wanting to be in His presence if I’m not seeking Him constantly. He won’t force me either, it’s all a choice, my choice to be instructed by the Lord. 

Application

This week I will devote a time In the morning and evening to reading and praying for further fellowship and devotion to my savior 

No comments:

Post a Comment