Wednesday, August 15, 2018

IBS Matthew 9:37-38

Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.

Through my time in Uganda, I have seen much harvest. The Lord every day gives us, individually and as a team, opportunities for ministry with those around us. But even with everything we do, there is still more. There is still so much work. But the Lord knows what he is doing. My time here is sadly winding down, and there’s always more I’d like to do, but for this season in my life he has called me to six months in Uganda, and He wants me to be faithful in the little things, like serving the wonderful Ugandan people. With all the work and the little time left it could be discouraging, but I know God has called and equipped more faithful laborers to continue in the work He started. The Lord knows just when the crops are going to be ready and He calls the right laborers for that season, for the good of the harvest and the laborers themselves. And the laborers are not tasked with the whole field, but with a section that’s just there own, that they were assigned to for a specific reason. I am very thankful for this season of my life, but I’m still more thankful that the Lord will not forget His people, and that the helpless sheep will find their Shepherd 

Application

This week Put a note by my bed that says “Harvest”, to remind me to pray for the laborers, those here and on their way, and the great harvest that’s coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment