Wednesday, August 22, 2018

IBS Proverbs 17:17

A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for adversity

Throughout my time in ignite, the lord has been working in my heart to be more open with my brothers. To come to some when I’m struggling, and not just keep it inside and in my own heart. And this verse has been coming up in my field time. This was a verse for the kids in the kids club, and the kids all learned it, and when this verse came back up in a bible study, I really felt the Lord speaking to me. Not too long ago the lord placed on my heart to even step out and talk more with the young men here, and share with what the lord he’s been doing in our lives. Because I can talk to the lord all day, and that’s great, but what if the Lord wants to use me to encourage someone who needs it? Because the lord has his plans and I’m not the center of it, but just a piece in a mosaic. And really I’m just being selfish keeping to myself because I’m not meeting the lord work in my life. The lord is also showing me that there are people who care for me, that my brothers are there, and they want to see me grow and not struggle with my the cares of this world alone. God placed my brothers in my life, at this time for a reason, and I need to get past my insecurities and trust in His promise of brotherly companionship. 

Application

Throughout this week I will go to one of my brothers every night and fellowship and pray with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment