Wednesday, July 18, 2018

1 Chronicles 22:19

Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the Lord your God. Begin to build the sanctuary of the Lord God, so that you may bring the ark of the covenant of the Lord and the sacred articles belonging to God into the temple that will be built for the Name of the Lord. 

I read this verse the other day In my devotional and it stuck with me the rest of the day. What caught my attention was the first part. And I started to think about the second half, and what it meant to me.  After spending some thought I moved on, but the verse stuck with me. Yesterday I got the opportunity to go to a high hook and share something for their chapel. And as I was thinking about what I should share, I was thinking about what I would have wanted to hear when I was younger. And lord reminded me of this verse, and what I should share. That our bodies are temples for the lord and a dwelling place for Him (like the ark). I shared with the students the importance of keeping the Lord's temple pure by devoting our hearts to the lord, something He has really been showing me, and by being careful of what we let enter our minds. In the past, I let things like this slide thinking that it didn’t really matter, been the lord has been showing me that I need to be careful with what I watch, listen, and dwell on. Before I would have denied any effect on me, but he has been showing me I have been lying to myself been and have been distracted and dissatisfied. My prayer for those students was that the Lord would speak to them. After I shared Colin shared about the power of the spirit and tied his message into mine, and after prayed a baptism over the students. I know that growing up can be hard, and my hope is that those young people truly knew what they were praying for and that it was a real thing for them. 

Application 

This week I will pray for those students this week, that the Lord would remind them of His will for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment