Saturday, July 14, 2018

IBS 1 Chronicles 14:10

And David inquired of God, “Shall I go up against the Philistines? Will you give them into my hand?” And the Lord said to him, “Go up, and I will give them into your hand.”

David inquired of God. He spoke to God, with nothing to hide or hold him back. A man after God’s heart. As I was reading this I recognized in me that I don’t spend enough time praying. Even when I need it the most. Take a look at David, he was going into battle, and with thousands of men running around, the clashing of metal and thumping of wood, he somehow finds time to talk with God. He’s not thinking about “How am I going to beat this?”  But “ How can God display His power, again”. But most importantly, God answers. Sometimes I pray feeling God can’t answer or won’t listen. But really God is always listening, even when I’m not praying. And grants David he prayer by giving him victory. But what really gets me, is later on David seeks after God again. He goes back to the lord, even after his recent victory.  David knows the power is from the Lord, and not from him. The lord has the power, and he lends His power to those who inquire. 
“God has broken through my enemies by my hand, like a bursting flood.” (Verse 11).  
David conquered His enemies by Gods power alone. And how did he do this? Prayer. Just speaking to God and having faith he will move. If David found time to pray in the middle of all that chaos, then I can find time in my day today. So if my day to day is to muddled to pray, then my priorities are off 

Application 

This week I will take a tech fast

No comments:

Post a Comment