Saturday, July 7, 2018

IBS Proverbs 6:20-22

My son, keep your father's commandment,
and forsake not your mother's teaching.
Bind them on your heart always;
tie them around your neck.
When you walk, they will lead you;
when you lie down, they will watch over you;
and when you awake, they will talk with you.

In a men’s bible study going over Proverbs, God showed me this verse, a verse that coincided with what I been feeling. God has been showing me that throughout the day I tend to drift my focus away from Him and focus more on petty little things. And after having our study and reading this verse I realized what was wrong, I was forgetting His promises and His word throughout the day. I focus less on what He wants and says and more on the microscopic insignificant things of the moment.  I have always read the Bible but rarely lived it, and never to the fullest that God wants for me. God is showing me that all I need is Him and His word and that I need to center myself even more on His word, and more importantly not forget what he is showing me. Because sometimes I feel like God is not speaking to me, even when He is and I’m not listening. I need the word more present on my mind and to dwell on the words He is directly speaking to me. 

Application

This week I will make reminders to read my devotional again at noon and at night

No comments:

Post a Comment