Wednesday, April 18, 2018

IBS Luke 15:22

But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet.

As I read the this parable recently I have seen real similarities in my life. I can now see how I am similar to both sons. The first, in that I knew Gods goodness but wanted something else. I knew His promises and yet sought something lesser. It was only until I realized the filth did I seek to escape. The real takeaway for me though is seeing the son return. The son confesses’ and the father's immediate response is one of restoration. He gives a robe for covering and comfort. He gives a ring to show value. And sandals for guidance. The Father cares for His children. He doesn’t care about what they did, only that they are in His arms again. But I also can see myself as the other son. Having pride in remaining faithful, comparing and saying at least I’m not that bad, and not rejoicing in the further dance of our heavenly family. Oh lord remind me of your word and center me when I become complacent in petty things. 

Application 

Today I will write this passage down on a notecard to remind me of his promises

No comments:

Post a Comment