Wednesday, April 25, 2018

IBS Psalm 94: 17- 19

If the LORD had not been my help,
my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence.
When I thought, “My foot slips,”
your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up.
When the cares of my heart are many,
your consolations cheer my soul.

Recently I had the opportunity to go on a missions outreach to a small island called Bussi island, in lake Victoria. There we got to evangelize to the people living on this rural island. At first I was apprehensive, because they told us there were “drunkards, fornicators and witch doctors”, but after some time in prayer and in the word, I felt like the lord had prepared me for this outreach. It turns out I had an amazing blessed time. On our first stop we talked to a young lady at her house, but as we were talking, a young man was walking up the road, so me and a local started to talk to him. He started to share how he was on the island looking for work to provide for his family( mind you he is 23 years old). He said he was born again but didn’t have a bible. He explained that he didn’t have enough resources to provide for his family, and wanted us to pray for him. Later on we would realize many people on this island were on the same boat. As I prayed for him I prayed that he would see God in a new way and trust in Him to be the provider for all our needs. As we finished I felt lead to give him my bible, and explained the significance behind why it was burned. I have been thinking about this encounter ever since,and as I read this psalm today It impacted me as a reminder of how faithful God is, and that he never lets us go and never lets us down. He is steadfast, and provides des what we need when we need it, and I think that he provide that outreach just in time for me. 

Application

Today I will write down on a notecard this passage and put in next to my bed, to remind me to pray for my faith and the faith of the souls on bussi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment