Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Acts 9:6

But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.

Sometimes I struggle with not knowing what I’ll do after this season. After this time I literally do not know what I’ll do. And sometimes I that really distracts me. I have an opportunity but no vision or direction. But I was encouraged after I read this. Right now I’m called to this season, and it’s great. Every day God shows me something new. God has lessons and growth for me at this time. But my thoughts and actions remain in the here and now. When Saul went into the city he fasted and prayed, he was healed and set free from his past life and given a new direction, but only after he went in, blind nonetheless. He was even given new direction on the road. His original intent was to find Christians and take them away. And although he found them, he was blown away by the power found in Christ Jesus. So for me, I need to stay focused on my calling here, like Saul going into the city, going back to that image of Christ engrained in his brain, and focus on the thing I am called to do, serve in Uganda. And after, only after I do as I’m asked, am I told what I shall do. And something that stood out to me was what Saul did after entering the city, he fasted and prayed, waiting on the lord. Thank you, Lord, for drawing my eyes back to you in this time. 

Application

Today I will write this verse in my bible notebook, as a reminder that whenever I see to pray for guidance and focus on his plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment