Thursday, March 1, 2018

IBS Matthew 20:26-28

“It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

It’s crazy to me that I can take something as humbling as serving “the Lord” and make it about myself. I hate that I want to serve to make myself the best servant. Or that I’ll serve out of a frustration that I’m not as good as someone else. In trying to be the best I make myself the worst and least useful in Gods eyes. Works out of pride. Not love. How could I twist something as caring and humbling as serving to try and point it to myself? How shameful. The one who should be served out of reverence for the position came down to serve the lowest. He lowered himself lower than my position and never ask for anything in return. In fact, He told those He served to not tell anyone. Why would He serve me? The greatest became the servant. Lord, I pray you humble me and lower me. Not for man to see. But that I may understand the depths you took for me.

Application
During this next week, I will take time and write down and memorize this passage

No comments:

Post a Comment