Thursday, March 15, 2018

IBS PHILIPPIANS 3:9

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

My own righteousness is worthless. No matter how good of a person I could ever try to be, if I live a life outside of the grace of Christ and by the law, I’m lead to death. My own works are futile, they only show me how far away I am from the lord. But God and His Unsearchable ways loves me enough to sacrifice everything, His beloved son, for a wretched like me. My worth to him is something I could never understand. And further more he wants a relationship with me. The Father and son. The potter and the clay. In His word he shapes me. In His word I grow closer to the righteous one, and through His word I grow in faith and righteousness in Him. And what does that mean for me. Spending time alone with Him. I read my allotted chapters in the Bible every morning, but is that enough. Even Jesus after a long day of ministry, when he was weary and tired, would come to the father for prayer. Am I counting the costs, could I do more?

Application
During this week I will get up 30 minutes earlier to have a specific prayer time and start to read a book from the Bible I feel like the Lord lays on my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment