Thursday, March 1, 2018

IBS Luke 17:7-10

“Will anyone of you who has a servant plowing or keeping sheep say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come at once and recline at table’? Will he not rather say to him, ‘Prepare supper for me, and dress properly, and serve me while I eat and drink, and afterward you will eat and drink’? Does he thank the servant because he did what was commanded? So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.’”

A servant doesn’t get recognized. His reward comes in serving. He serves because he was brought out of a world of death and destruction. But His masters task for Him was to go back and save others who were once like Him. I have been saved from the price of sin and given a gift of eternity with the savior. But before that, there is a call. A call to go. A call to wait. A call to wait for the master until His prepared time. Until then there are sheep to a pastor and a harvest to sow. Serving may not seem all that fun at times. With a zoomed up perspective menial tasks seem almost obscured compared to the ministry and the souls who need the good news of a savior. But I have been bought. I am His grateful slave and cleaning up someone’s mess is a reasonable sacrifice compared to the sacrifice he made for me.

Application
Today I will pray for a thankful heart while serving and when I look at my hand I will pray that God would restore that attitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment