Monday, March 12, 2018

IBS PHILIPPIANS 3:8

Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ

All things loss. I have left many things behind for Christ, mostly out of necessity. But the knowledge of Christ. Truly knowing him is my ultimate goal. To see His face in glory, and worship Him for eternity. That sounds like heaven. But living for Christ is the fulfillment of life. Everything a fallen human man looks for is found in Him. But it’s the things inside the fallen human man that drives me away from thinking I can receive the things I’m grasping for. Security, Love, peace. To find these things in Christ is to let these things go on earth. He who tries to gain his own life will lose his own life. When you die you can’t take the things sought after the most with you. Everything from this earth fades with your last breath. But a christians last breath is the start of new life. A life God can’t wait for us to finally, truly live to its full potential. But on earth, there are still those things that linger. Every time God purifies, I find things from this earth to tuck away. In Lev 9 Aaron made a sacrifice for the sin of the people. He needed to cut the sacrifice into pieces. Then he placed each piece on the altar, then the lord consumed the sacrifice. When we lay our troubles on the altar, the Lord takes care of the rest. He burns until there’s nothing left to burn, and tells us this is how he wants us to live. On freedom from sin, and in a freedom that I may live for Him. 

Application

This week I will memorize this verse to meditate on this passage in the mornings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment