Thursday, March 15, 2018

IBS PHILIPPIANS 3:11

that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

At all costs. No matter what. Paul understands the power that Jesus has. I wonder if Paul knew about Jesus before Damascus. He definitely heard about Him, the world did, but did he see him? How much more powerful, crying out for a man to be crucified, only to see Him glorified by the father. I wonder if when Paul was blind if the only thing He could still “see” was the last thing that graced His view, the face of Jesus. Paul understood the power of God. He was persecuted in the Lords name, in his power. But Damascus’s was different. He gained new sight and saw with new eyes. Jesus tore into His life and Paul was never the same. He knew there Jesus had true power, power over death, the power to restore. From Saul to Paul. Mercy, Grace, Love, redemption. The power to restore the dead and redeem them with true life. Paul knew he had to listen to the command, go. To lay down everything for the one who set him free. I know I am loved by Him and that he gave me everything, but I’ve never been blinded by the Lord. I’ve known since I was a kid and never truly experienced this. I don’t know God’s plans but He is perfect and His ways are flawless, and He will do what he wants with this vessel. 

Application

Today I will write on my bible bookmark Restored Altered Transformed to remind me I have been set apart, and I need to live like a man who has truly seen the light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment