Monday, February 26, 2018

IBS 1 Corinthians 9:22

“ To the weak, I became week, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people. that by all means, I might save some”

When I think of growth I think of getting stronger. But as the Lord showed me through this passage, sometimes growing is becoming weaker. Lowering myself as to not seem like such a high and mighty Christian. A Christian who is perfect in every way and can’t fail. But even Paul. The greatest of heavyweight missionary’s, humble himself for the lost. But it’s all for the gospel. Out of humility not out of pride but out of love for a brother in need. As I look back I’m thankful for the men in my life that spent that time, those late nights talking about life. Living in a basement with nothing but each other. I’m thankful that these men had their positions in leadership yet came down to my level to help me through my hard times. Even though they didn’t have to they did out of a passion and calling to disciple and be there as an older brother. And as they were challenged to live like this I was too. So as I grow with the lord and in years I pray for opportunity to speak through me for the one

Application
Today I will pray for these influential men In my life and next time I see them I will thank them for spending those late nights someone who really needed it

No comments:

Post a Comment