Monday, February 19, 2018

IBS ACTS 5:29
“But Peter and the apostles answered, ‘we must obey God rather than man’”

How can a guy like peter say something like that in front of the whole Sanhedrin. By obeying weird things like ‘go catch a fish”. A few weeks ago I read through Matt 18. There’s a section that talks about the temple tax, and this Sunday I was reminded of this passage. In the moment it sounds strange, but Gods ways are greater than ours. Through simple obedience, Peter learned something. By obeying this strange request Jesus told Peter he was redeemed, even before old Pete denied Jesus. And now, after many more lessons from Jesus, Peter stands in front of Jesus’ accusers reaping the Lord's blessings. He’s full of His spirit, and walking in his gifts, talking. A lot. So if Peter did it so can I. Although I don’t understand everything He asks me, I pray every day to help me leave my dirty cloak behind and come follow Him. Although in my head I’m praying to leave my self behind I guess I’m praying that he helps me obey him by going, following him. Neat

APPLICATION

Today I will memorize matt 17:26 to remind me that I live in freedom, and I am free to live for Him

No comments:

Post a Comment