Monday, February 19, 2018

IBS Philippians 4:11

“not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content”

In the past it’s been hard for me to be content with the place that I’m at. When I was 7 I didn’t really have a say in moving to Costa Rica to be a missionary. Living there was fine. I was really young so I didn’t really understand what was going on. I just thought it was kind of cool to live in another country. Even though it was hard being away from my family and friends we still got to see them at least once a year. But Guatemala was much harder for me. I was a teenager, so that’s fun. But I really wasn’t walking with God. I felt more dragged along then ever. I didn’t feel called you could have said. Now I look back and think, “wow, I could have done so much better”. But really I was just waiting on God, expecting to change me, but not changing myself. I was in a vicious cycle of sin and repentance that I felt I couldn’t escape. I needed help, but I never reached out. When pastor Mike asked me to come work at Mudman, I didn’t hesitate. Unlike most people I couldn’t wait to go to ignite. I thought that would change my life. I wasn’t content with where I wanna at because I thought I was supposed to be somewhere else. But now I couldn’t be more content. I’m with my family, my class, and I’m get to live on an island in Africa. And I couldn’t be more grateful.

APPLICATION

Today I will pray for each one of my teammates, that as a team we maybe content with each other and our location.

No comments:

Post a Comment