Monday, February 19, 2018

IBS HEBREWS 13:5

“Keep your lives free of the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said ‘never will I leave you; never will I forsake you’”

When I was younger I loved money.and I love new things. I was always the one out of three kids that would spend it immediately on LEGO’s or comics or a video game or something. When I would ask my sisters how much they had, they always had way more than me because they would save for something big, but I couldn’t keep anything it seemed. But in growing up and earning money through hard work, I’ve learned a new appreciation for contentment. For saving for the things I actually need like food and clothes. Instead of blowing it on a cool, shiny new toy. And being content with what I have. I literally don’t have a place to go. My parents don’t own a home. I can’t live with them anymore. I have to trust in Him for a roof over my head. And right now I couldn’t be happier. With my class. My team. And my lack of money I feel content. I feel content with praying with my brothers and growing with them every day, praying for only more growth, and knowing he is with me wherever I go.


APPLICATION
Starting today each night I will personally go to one of my brothers and ask them how I can pray for them

No comments:

Post a Comment