Monday, February 19, 2018

IBS ROMANS 6:16

“Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or obedience which leads to righteousness?”

I have been set free from sin and bought by God my new master. A master who is good and gives me everything I need when I need it. So why is it so hard to follow his simple commandments. One master, the old one, deceives me. But the other, my new one, redeemed me. I know he can change me, but I’m too impatient to wait. I want to be better now. a slave can’t serve two masters, it must choose one or the other. Sometimes I like to think of my self as a bondservant. Willfully obeying menial tasks anything and everything without question. But I’m still a slave. Of righteousness nonetheless but a slave. I need to go through the 7 year time of trial, to be able to return to my master freely. Will it be easy, no. But I know he will grow. Will it be easier after, no? But I want to strive to get there one day. Later on in this passage it talks about fruit. The fruit I do longingly want, but don’t want to wait for. But for it grow I need to be obedient in righteousness.

APPLICATION
Over this next week, I will take time out of my morning to read this passage and pray for a more obedient heart

No comments:

Post a Comment