Thursday, February 1, 2018

mathew 8:9-10

IBS MATTHEW 8:9-10

I wonder what was going on in the disciple’s heads during this scene. Jesus is confronted by a Roman centurion, the “enemy”. they probably didn’t think he was going to tell them that the roman had more faith than anyone in Israel. Throughout my Christian walk, I have found it hard to surrender everything to Christ. There always those little things I wanted to hold on to. I always thought I was lifting my hands saying Jesus take it all, but I was still grasping on with my pinkies. Not fully opening my hands keeping just enough for my own comfort. But here’s a guy who understands authority. A Roman centurion was in charge of one hundred of the most loyal men you could find, and yet he recognizes Jesus’ authority immediately. And he has the faith to back it up. This is one of two times Jesus was astonished, and by a roman gentile heathen nonetheless! Incredible. Something that’s also very convicting, is the actions of the men under the centurion. He says he tells someone to go somewhere and they go there. He tells someone to something, anything, and they do it. These soldiers and servants listen to a man with very little authority compared to other commanders of thousands, but they did it wholeheartedly. And yet I don’t have enough faith to listen and obey. I need more faith to help me let go and let him act in my life. With full authority and control. Because he doesn’t have authority over one hundred men, but millions of angels, and the whole universe.

Application


Today I will pray that God will help me surrender my life completely to him so that I can fully trust and serve him

No comments:

Post a Comment