Monday, February 19, 2018

IBS Ephesians 6:1
“Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right”

Colossians 3:20
“Children obey your parents in everything for this pleases the lord”

I’ve always struggled with obedience. I’ve always been rebellious. Usually in “small” ways to most, but in ways that sent me spiraling. Growing up as a missionary has me the typecast that I was a goody two shoe kid. I always hated being called sheltered, so much so that I would do whatever I could to not be that. I struggled most with obeying my parents. Anyone else that was in authority I usually would have gladly done what they asked. But I never really liked listening to mom and dad. But now I wish I listened to them and took heed of their warnings. They looked out for me, saw in me themselves and wanted to stop me from making the same mistakes they did. Although I love them I saw their flaws but never gave them the grace they would give me after I lied time after time straight to their face. I wish I could go back and tell myself to listen to them because it saddens me how much stress I caused their already stressful lives. But now all I can do respect them for all the hard work and sacrifices they made for me. And appreciate all the things I took for granted growing up.

Application
The next time I see my parents I will apologize for making their lives unnecessarily difficult and thank them for leading me in the right direction

No comments:

Post a Comment