Monday, February 26, 2018

IBS HEBREWS 5:8

“Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered”

When I think about Jesus I think of my perfect savior. But not as someone who needed to learn anything, especially obedience. For He is all knowing and all powerful. He sits at the right hand of the father and reigns over his enemies. He does all the commanding, why should He need to obey anyone. But He is the son, and as the son, He set the ultimate example. Offering Himself as the ultimate sacrifice for His creations. He served the Low and he redeemed the broken. Through obedience, the Lord was glorified. The son was taken out of the depths and exalted upon high. He took my lashes and forgot my sins. Now how can I not obey the request of sweeping the crumbs and the fallen dust? For that’s what I am without His sacrifice. A pile of ashes. The perfect son took the perfect place for a disgraced son, me not Him. Lord help me to obey thy commandments even when I don’t see the outcome.

Application
Today I will memorize this verse as a reminder of the depths he will go for His lost sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment